Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pretties


I woke up earlier than my alarm this morning, and after a quick potty break was about to dive back under the covers for another blissful 45 minutes of slumber when I my eyes were treated to the most beautiful sunrise coming through my window. It was one of those types of sights that is so unbelievably gorgeous you literally cannot move your gaze away without feeling wracked with guilt for taking nature's natural beauty for granted and knowing in some mysterious way that at some point in the subsequent hours of the day you will be smote down by god, having been deemed unfit for life. So, no going back to bed for me.

Then, on my way to work, I passed by some very pretty flowers, and again, pretty sure that if I didn't take a pic it would be the last time I'd ever see a pretty flower AGAIN, I made a fool of myself in front of the construction workers and city maintenance men wandering around near City Hall looking for something to do, and snapped a couple of shots. Love the lovely colours on what is, for all intents and purposes, a Monday morning.


1 comment:

  1. Those are some incredible pics, Natalie- thanks for taking them and sharing!

    I like them even more than the frog pencil sharpener one, and I wasn't sure that was ever going to happen. :)

    ReplyDelete