Tuesday, May 26, 2009

b. May 26th, 1983

My brother. There are so many things I could say about him, and oh so many stories I could share. But, for once, I'd rather NOT embarass him. So, I'll keep it simple. Stephen turned 26 today. He is starting his last stretch at the University this fall, is in love with the girl of his dreams, and has learned to cultivate a handsome beard. For someone who used to be such a little stinker, he sure has grown into quite an impressive young man. I may whine and complain about him at times, but Stephen has achieved so much in the last few years, it takes me aback, every once in awhile. Usually when he drops a four-syllable word in a sentence. I can't get over how much he's grown, and how many times he's impressed me with his intelligence, and his strength. We've been through a lot, my kid brother and I, and if I'm doing half as good as he is, then I'm a-okay.

Stephen is going to be a great husband, father, and teacher, though perhaps not necessarily in that order. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to watch him do so.

Happy birthday, kiddo! I love you :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment