Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Training Day

So, today is my first official day of training for the half-marathon I've committed to walking this fall. We're meeting up at a specialty shoe store to learn about proper marathon-related gear and such, and then heading to a little nearby park to do some work on form and... well, something else form-related. I'm sure they'll remind me when I get there.

Anyhoo. I'm pretty nervous. I don't know anyone that is going to be there, and while I've dealt with similar situations before, I've never done so when I feel so much like a fish out of water. Hopefully the woman who ran the marathon information session I attended and who signed me up for this challenge in the first place (Kelsey) will be there, so that at least there will be one familiar face. And, hopefully, I'll have a lot of new knowledge thanks to the coach who is in charge of the physical aspect of our training (Brock). But we'll see! I might be so busy trying not to make a fool of myself that I walk away with nothing more than a faint buzzing in my ear!

The great and glorious masterpiece of
man is to know how to live to purpose.
Michel de Montaigne

No comments:

Post a Comment