My favourite music in the last little while seems to be coming from female artists - how refreshing! It seems like there are periods in my life where all I listen to are dudes, dude-bands, etc. But not of late! Here are my top five songs for 2009 so far:
1. If I Can't Have You - Kelly Clarkson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt5cpJSV5QM
2. Ruby Blue - Roisin Murphy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjROtu0ajR0
Roisin Murphy has a wicked, wicked voice and a crazy personality! I chose this video because you can hear the song really well, which is the point, plus these random dancers are kind of fun to watch. But if you want to see Roisin Murphy sing it, there are a bunch of live performances on youtube. Just don't judge her by her outfits!
3. Hoedown Throwdown - Hannah Montana http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlnbmZK7GxU
Can't help it - I'm addicted!
4. L.D.N - Lily Allen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p_V0y7C9vc
I kind of love Lily Allen, and this song is adorable and catchy and fun and cheeky. Plus, the video is fab. If you like it, check out this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYb9pkJqZf4&NR=1
5. Breakable - Ingrid Michaelson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgZ_tu8s5Wk&feature=related
It is awfully hard to pick one Ingrid Michaelson song as a favourite because I pretty much love every single one of her songs and she has fast become my favourite female vocalist. Enjoy!